Thursday, June 9, 2011

DIY felt iphone 4 cover tutorial

ok, i am so excited to share this with you! yesterday i made an iphone cover for my new phone and it has been KILLING me to wait until today to share it with you. for 1} i can't believe i made something so cool. (i'm not trying to brag, i just really can't believe it worked!) and 2} i'm going to share with you how i did it. 

i worked really hard on this tutorial of sorts, so i hope you like it! 

 i got my inspiration for this from etsy. the basic form i tried to recreate i found here. and i loved the hearts on this one


most of the supplies i had laying around, except the felt. i only had polyester felt and i really wanted wool so i purchased an 1/8th of a yard each of gray and yellow from Joann's. SUPER CHEAP!




if you'd like to print the tutorial, please click here

i've never written sewing instructions before so i hope you expert seamstresses won't judge me too much. if something doesn't make sense feel free to ask me and i will try my best to explain it better. also, i have a super old version of photoshop so my dotted lines are kinda funky. my computer is ancient but i am blessed to have one and also for the gift of craft!!!

i hope you like it. if you make one i'd love to see pictures!



2 comments:

  1. Love this!...I even "test drove" your cover, when I dropped your iphone (in it's cover) on the ground...it was inside a towel on the table in my backyard...and guess what???...your phone didn't shatter! Heehee...it still works okay, right? You're still taking those amazing instagram iphone pics, right? ;) Love, love you! ~Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your articles don't displace around the bushes correct t to the part.
    Apple iPhone 4

    ReplyDelete